Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Noah's Concussion

So I've been in a slump lately, I haven't wanted to write anything or do anything. So I am going to catch up on a few things.

First, Noah's concussion:
It happened a few weeks ago but as I said, I have been very lazy lately. (Must be summer approaching)
So, all of the Hendrix boys were playing at our house one afternoon. Noah and Wyatt would both get on Crew's 4 wheeler and drive it around the backyard, and Crew would be chasing them around trying to catch them. While my mom dropped Madee off at softball practice, I had to watch all of the kids. I was just sitting of the couch when I heard Noah crying. It wasn't the death cry so I just thought the other kids were not playing nice. I waited to see if the conflict would be settled and hoped the situation wouldn't need me. But after a minute the crying got louder and it would not stop. I decided I better check what was going on. Noah was standing on the back porch crying, I went over to ask him what was wrong. He didn't answer only cried faintly. That is when I noticed dried blood all 0ver his hands. I hastily checked his hands to see if they had been cut, then I turned him around. The back of his head and the WHOLE back of his white shirt was covered in blood. I had never seen so much blood come from a person before. He told me he had fallen off of the 4 wheeler while Wyatt was driving. I had some skittles in my hand and asked Noah if he wanted one while I figured out what to do. He laughed and said yes. (He didn't seem too hurt because he had stopped crying and was acting like his normal self) Than I had to feed him the skittles because he didn't want to touch them with his blood covered hands. And he laughed because he got boogers on my hand in the process. Next, and grabbed Noah and ran over to Gina's house with Crew following behind. Once I handed him over to Gina, she washed the blood out of his hair so we could see how serious the cut was. The whole time in the bath he was acting like a wild man. Swimming and splashing. He seemed fine.
And all this happened while my mom was gone. Later that night Noah kept constantly throwing up, they took him the hospital. And sure enough Noah had a concussion. I couldn't believe it.
We can probably expect more in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Noah! That was funny how quickly the skittles cheered him up :)

    ReplyDelete